Assistant Information Technology Manager
Dentco, the leader in Exterior Service Management, is seeking a full-time Assistant Information Technology Manager. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated experience to assist in managing multiple information and communication systems and projects, including telephone/voice, data and office automation systems. The Assistant Information Technology Manager performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Installing and configuring Operating System and hardware/software applications, and who has an ability to establish effective working relationships with management and other technical staff.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversee the daily performance of Microsoft Windows based operating systems, including configure applications, system software, hardware, and local peripherals; diagnose and resolve various equipment problems.
- Display a customer-first attitude with internal and external customers; be willing to do what is necessary to accommodate end-user needs.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement
- Conduct primary support of all field personnel and internal employees.
- Testing and modifying systems to ensure that that they operate reliably.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software and hardware.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Confer with users both in-house and for field personnel regarding computer diagnostics, to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Gain an understanding of operational processes and needs as it relates to technology and communication equipment and work effectively with operational staff in the coordination of IT projects and identifying operational technology needs.
- Keeps computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs.
- Maintain company asset inventory and review assigned equipment, software licensing and compliance.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, laptops, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, desk phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Collaborate with software developers to support internal and field personnel.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords for network, email and other security for resource access.
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Support moves, adds and changes for PC hardware, software, printers and phone system, as well as provide direct support to end users
- Be available to work occasional weekends and holidays to perform upgrade/repair tasks that can only be addressed during scheduled production “downtime”.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position applicants are preferred, but not required to have a bachelor's or associates degree with relevant coursework in computer science or information systems and three years related work experience in desktops, servers, virtual systems and related experience. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
- Successful experience in installing/configuring Operating System and hardware/software applications
- Demonstrated ability to perform and support complex, highly detail-oriented tasks
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications, such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to accurately read, interpret and follow written and verbal instructions and procedures
- General knowledge of networking principles including routers, switches and firewalls
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Teamworking skills
- Organization and time management
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in VMware desirable
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 and Server 2012 R2 and greater
- CompTIA A+ or other technology industry certifications
- Android and iOS mobile devices
Competitive wage and great benefit package.